At my birthday dinner I got a dessert, which I especially liked – a Lemmon Tart. After some attempts, I created a recipe that is even better than the one I got in the restaurant.
No ratings yet
Lemmon Tart is a french dessert
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Total Time2 hrs 30 mins
Cooking time: 1-2 hours
Food direction: traditional
- 140 gramm butter for the dough
- 140 gramm flour for the dough
- 1 piece yolk for the dough
- 90 gramm sugar for the dough
- 6 pieces yolks for the lemmon curd
- 120 ml fresh lemmon juice for the lemmon curd
- 270 gramm sugar for the lemmon curd
- 112 gramm butter for the lemmon curd
- 8 pieces egg white for the merenge
- 170 gramm sugar for the merenge
- 2 bags vanille sugar for the merenge
- 150 gramm baking powder for the merenge
- But all the ingridients together and knead the dough and let it rest for 1 hour in the fridge.
- In the meanwhile you prepare the lemmon curd.
- But the yolks, the lemmon juice and the sugar in a bot and heat the curd and stir it until it boils. But the butter in the hot curd and let it melt. Then let the curd cool down.
- After one hour roll out the dough and strain into small pieces.
- Bake it blind at 180 degrees for 20 minutes. (Baking blind means adding beans onto the dough so that the dough does not rise too far).
- Then start to prepare the merenge. But the egg white, the vanille sugar and the baking powder in a bowl and stir it with the machine.
- Add the sugar tablespoon by tablespoon until it is a stiff mass.
- Allow the baked dough to cool and then pour the sauce into the mold and sprinkle the merenge on top.
- Put the lemmon tart in the oven for 1-2 minutes in the oven to brown the Merenge.
- Put the lemon tart in the fridge and let it rest for 1-2 hours.