We love this kind of bread – for sure its not the healthiest but it tastes fantastic. And the filling ist healthy, too.
No ratings yet
It tastes fantactic…
Course: Main Course
Cooking time: 1-2 hours
Food direction: fitness meal, traditional, vegan
Servings: 4 people
For the lye bun
- 1/2 cube yeast
- 1 tsp sugar or dates
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 225 ml warms water
- 450 g wheat flour
- 2 tsp fine salt
- 1 liter water
- 50 g baking soda
For the filling
- 1 can jackfruit
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- Put 225ml of warm water in a large bowl and stir in sugar and the crumbled cubes until everything has dissolved. Then you can gradually add the flour, salt and butter. Knead the whole thing properly for 5-10 minutes. Either you can do this arm exercise or let your food processor do it.
- Leave the dough covered in a warm place for 20 minutes. During this time we are preparing the filling. Cut the lettuce and tomatoes and briefly fry the jackfruit (canned) in soy sauce.
- When your dough has risen well, take it out of the bowl and make 6 buns out of it.
- Now heat 1 liter of water in a saucepan and add 50g of baking soda. As soon as the water boils, you turn it down so that it only boils slightly.
- With a trowel you now dip each bun in for 30 seconds. Make sure to turn them over and turn them over. Then pat them dry with kitchen paper.
- Then the buns are placed on a tray lined with baking paper and baked at 200 ° C for 30 minutes.
- Once the rolls are ready, fill them with tomatoes, salad and jackfruits.