I got to know and love this recipe from the mother of my Sicilian friend. I often cook it, because it can be prepared quickly and tastes excellent. You will feel the earthy Sicily on your palate, the tomatoes and the mixture of olive oil, almonds and fresh basil are an Italian delight.
- 500 gramm spaghetti
- 1 handfull basil
- 6 pieces cherry tomatoes
- 100 ml olive oil take the best you can find
- 200 ml almond
- 100 gramm pecorino cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teasp salt
- Boil some water for the noodles. When the water boils add some salt.
- But all the fresh ingridients in a blender and blend it till you have a creamy pesto.
- Put the spaghetti in the boiling water and cook them al dente.
- Put the noodles from the boiling water in a bowl and mix it with a little hot noodle water and the pesto.