We say that this is the world best vegetable lasagna. It´s an incredibly delicious and super creamy vegetable lasagna with vegan bechamel and tomato sauce.
5 from 1 vote
Incredibly delicious and super creamy vegetable lasagna with vegan bechamel and tomato sauce.
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time1 hr
Course: Main Course
Cooking time: 40-50 min
Food direction: fitness meal, vegan
Servings: 4 people
- 12 pieces 12 lasagna plates without pre-cooking
- 800 ml tomato sauce with basil
For the vegetables
- 500 g frozen spinach leaves
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1 piece onion
- 200 g carrots
- 2 pieces peppers – 1 red and 1 green
- 500 g mushrooms
- 1 tsp salt
For the bechamel sauce
- 75 g wheat flour
- 500 ml oat or soy drink
- 250 ml vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp yeast flakes
- seasoning (salt, peppe, nutmeg)
- Thaw the frozen spinach in the microwave or in a saucepan.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan for the vegetables. Peel and dice the onion and sauté until translucent over medium heat. Wash the carrots and peppers and also dice them and add them to the saucepan. Cut the mushrooms into small pieces and add them. Mix everything well and continue frying. Then add the spinach and salt and raise the heat. Fry until the liquid has almost completely evaporated, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 200 ° C top / bottom heat and make the bechamel sauce.
- Mix the olive oil in a saucepan with the flour using a whisk and heat until it bubbles. Gradually stir in the soy or oat drink and stir everything smoothly after each addition. Then stir in the vegetable broth and let everything boil once so that the sauce thickens. Stir in the yeast flakes and season the sauce with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Then take off the heat.
- To layer, first add a few tablespoons of the bechamel and tomato sauce (each about 1/8 of the amount) to the bottom of the baking dish and spread. Place three pasta sheets on top. Layer 1/3 of the vegetable mixture, 1/4 of the bechamel sauce, 1/4 of the tomato sauce and then 3 pasta sheets again. Repeat two more times. Finally, spread the rest of the two sauce on the pasta and mix a little with the spoon.
- Bake the lasagna in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Then take out and let it stir for another 10 minutes. Cut into 6 parts and serve immediately hot. Enjoy!
I made this tonight! I found almond flour lasagna noodles in my grocery store and it turned out great. So tasty! I’ll definitely be making this again.
Hi Cori – thank you for your great feedback! Almond flour lasagna noodles are perfect…